Scout Car M3A1 Light Armored Vehicle
White Scout Car M3A1, owned by Dundee JDK
The M3A1 Scout Car was a light armored car produced by White Motor Company from 1940 till March 1944 in Cleveland, OH. Designed with emphasis on speed and agility, rather than firepower and armor. It was used by the US and Commonwealth cavalry reconnaissance troops in traditional cavalry roles, such as scouting, patrol and screening; also as an armored command vehicle. Later, when being replaced by Ford M8 recon car, M3A1 was used in various additional roles, including ambulance, Military Police and gun tractor. Interesting point: a full-time four-wheel drive (no way to disengage it) and the unditching roller mounted in front.